Almost every product needs a video marketing strategy – this idea is not new. 87% of online marketers use video content in their digital marketing strategies.
If you are among the remaining 13%, this article is definitely yours. But even if you are in the middle of 87%, learn as we break down the foundations and advanced features of video marketing and how you can succeed in it.
It’s in the middle of your outreach efforts and campaigns… especially your community strategy.
Video completely dominated society. HubSpot research shows that four of the top six channels, where international consumers watch the video, are social channels.
Why is this important? If you do not create a video, you may be lagging behind. But don’t worry. For most videos, the simpler and filtered, the more real the content, and the more important it is for your viewers.
Video marketing uses videos to promote and market your product or service, increase engagement on your digital and social channels, educate your customers and customers, and reach your audience in a new way.
Why should you focus on video advertising today?
The past few years have seen an increase in video popularity as a content marketing format.
Specifically, in 2017, video is rising to the top of your list of marketing strategies. Video as a strategy may have been developed by your art team as a single awareness game for many, with a strong focus on costly production and minimal analysis to show you.
2018 and 2019 have transformed video from a single marketing strategy into a whole business strategy.
Today, video is a complete business model, which means that video content must be produced by all parties in a conversational, creative, and measurable way.
According to a report from HubSpot Research, more than 50% of consumers want to see videos from products… more than any other type of content.
Video is more than just fun, too. Video on landing pages can increase conversion rates by more than 80%, and just saying the word “video” in your email subject line increases open rates by 19%. 90% of customers also say that videos help them make purchasing decisions.
But video has not only changed the way businesses and consumers market; it also changed the way retailers communicate and changed expectations and how service groups support and please customers. In short, video is incredibly useful throughout the flywheel – not just to increase brand awareness.
What Is Video Marketing?
Video Marketing refers to the use of video to market or promote your product or offering to digital channels.
In simple words, when you use video to market your product, product, or service, engage in social media, educate your current and current customers, and interact with them, you are said to be using video marketing.
Why Is Video Marketing Gaining Importance?
- 76% of the businesses which use video marketing they believe that it results in a good ROI.
- 93% of businesses believe that it increases user understanding of their product or service.
- And 72% of businesses believe that it has improved the conversion rate of their website.
Not only are businesses inclined to use video as a marketing tool, but customers are also even more willing to receive marketing messages in the form of videos as well. According to a report from Hubspot Research, more than 50% of customers prefer video over other types of product content.
Videos have changed the way products interact with customers. They try with different change the way a product sells, the way consumers buy, the way consumers eat, and the way service teams maintain relationships with customers.
Businesses use videos on their landing pages (explaining how donations work and their benefits), social media posts (audience engagement), blogs (keeping more readers), and emails (to support their marketing campaigns). Of them, 83% believe that their homepage video works, 78% believe that video on social media is a good way, and 80% believe that videos in emails provide the required ROI.
Developing A Video Marketing Strategy
Video marketing strategy is not just about adding video to your marketing offer. It includes careful selection, development, and classification of videos as separate assets or within existing marketing campaigns to get the most out of them.
But before we move on to discussing how to create a video marketing strategy, you should know the types of video content to use in the same way.
Read about What Is Social Media Marketing (SMM)-2021
Types Of Video Content
Video content used in video marketing strategies include but isn’t limited to
- Product Demo: In-depth videos explain USP, features, and product benefits. It is designed in such a way that the customers who receive it will receive it after purchasing the offer.
- Interviews: The interview involves asking questions to the leader thinking about a particular topic and posting his or her video online.
- Testimonials: Evidence of videos of happy and / or famous customers of the company expressing gratitude and good information with the company. This helps to increase the confidence of those who want to buy.
- Event Videos: These videos cover the highlights of the event and are often part of an event marketing strategy.
- Explainer Videos: Descriptive videos are often used to answer FAQ-related offers.
- How-To Videos: How you can explain the videos on how to make a present and teach new or existing customers how to use the offer or some of its features.
- Vlog: Vlogs or blog blogs are video types of traditional blogs. With vlogs, a business uses its marketing strategies using videos.
- Webinars: Live web-based webinars or seminars, web-based video conferences where the host hosts an internet connection to connect with a global audience of audiences and audiences and discuss a specific topic.
- Presentations & Talks: This includes sending recorded videos of presentations and talks that a business-related person has planned, submitted, visited or been a part of. Such expressions (like Tedx) are in high demand after video content online
- Tutorials: In-depth video tutorials to teach customers the difficulty of donating items or any other related business offer.
- Reviews: This is a review of a product or service posted by influencers and thought leaders, which leads to changing viewer decisions.
- Behind The Scenes: Many businesses often post videos that help them build a closer relationship with customers who find what they often do not see in ads or on TV.
- Live Videos: Live videos videos related to a product or offer that are streamed live can show something important or communicate with customers directly.
How To Do Video Marketing
There is a lot going on in video advertising. You need to plan what to do, who to do it for, how to do it, and how to reach the audience once it’s built.
This is an important step before anything starts.
Explain what you want to accomplish using videos. Do you want more sales? Or with more social media followers? Viral marketing? Oral marketing? More customers saved?
You need to be clear when it comes to goals as different goals are supported by different video marketing strategies and produce different results. To increase sales, you may need to create a demo or descriptive video that you can publish on your landing page. For viral marketing, however, you may need to create a clever ad or a social media campaign with dedicated hashtags and a series of videos.
Most of the time, video marketing is not used as a stand-alone strategy. But even if you do, be sure to measure your ROI.
Plan Your Video(S)
Once the goal is set, you need to edit your videos next. Find and explain your –
- Target audience: Target audience is the people the video was designed for. It could be your current customers, potential customers, or other people who influence your customers’ decisions or potential customers. Knowing your target market is important as it helps you improve your video message.
- Video Message: What will the video be like? The video message makes it clear to the inner audience what the product is that you want to show or communicate with the target audience.
- Video Platform: Different video platforms with different price suggestions. While some (like Vimeo) allow you to embed your videos on various platforms, some are good for SEO (YouTube), and some (Facebook) help you identify people on social media. You can select one platform or a combination of other platforms to capture and share your videos.
- Budget: A budget is an important factor that guides other decisions related to video development and marketing.
- Script: A script becomes the basis of a video and is a major reason for the success or failure of a video marketing strategy.
- Video Type: Defining a video type is important as it determines how a video is developed, delivered, and sold. Live videos typically include simultaneous shooting and posting, while descriptive videos can use animation and other shots and can take a lot of editing. Determining the type of video in advance makes it easy to determine the creative requirements, timeline, and other video requirements.
- Creative Requirements: This depends on the type of video. It can include clothing, local permits, digital goods, etc.
- Application: Describes what to do at any time. It facilitates strategic planning and implementation.
- Other requirements: Some video-specific requirements are required in advance.
Develop Your Video(S)
This category includes video capture, fx insertion, backgrounds, voice-over, and everything needed to convert the written script into mobile frames.
This category usually includes taking third-party help or shooting a video or doing animation for you. But if you want to do it yourself, here are some tools to help you do the same –
Animoto: SAAS cloud-based video editing that you can use to create videos online using thousands of templates and features.
Placeit: Placeit is an easy-to-use video development platform with templates for almost all types of videos ranging from Instagram stories to promo videos in Facebook ads.
Envato: Envato Items is a registration service for video creators, offering you hundreds of thousands of digital assets.
Market Your Video(S)
Although videos are considered good assets when it comes to advertising, you also need to sell them.
When you upload it to YouTube or your website, focus on SEO. If you have chosen Instagram or Twitter as your preferred platform, use relevant hashtags. You can also share it on other social media platforms like Reddit or Tumblr or create a similar ad (video ads work better than image ads) that can help you get more pulls to achieve your goals.